With the revolutionary emergence of ChatGPT, the tech industry has witnessed an intense race to push the boundaries of AI chatbots and demonstrate their prowess in fostering dynamic conversations. However, each introduction in this ever-evolving landscape has its own unique set of nuances, which makes it challenging to identify the perfect chatbot that aligns with your needs.
Therefore, we pose the pivotal question: which AI chatbot currently reigns as the unrivaled champion in the online realm? In this exclusive exploration, we delve into the vast array of AI chatbots that dominate the sphere of chatbot artificial intelligence.
Through meticulous evaluation, we have curated a list of the top 10 AI chatbots available, equipping you with the indispensable information required to make an informed decision.
Chat with This Login-Free ChatGPT and See If It Is the Best AI Chatbot for You
Before going through our top 10 list of AI chatbots, try out this no-login-required ChatGPT.
Top 10 AI Chatbots Online
Explore the 10 best AI chatbots available online.
HIX Chat is an intelligent AI chatbot developed by HIX.AI. Powered by GPT-3.5/4, this AI chatbot aims to deliver the most updated and factually accurate information to a wide range of users at an affordable price.
Just one of the reasons we’ve placed HIX Chat at the top of this list is its web access, which enables it to provide up-to-date information on any topic in real time. Impressively, it can also read both PDF files and webpages and answer any questions based on the content. Moreover, it can summarize a YouTube video with just a URL.
- Responds with the latest information
- Can be accessed through web app and Chrome extension
- Can be used without logging in
- Provides answers to questions specific to the uploaded documents
- keeps a record of conversations, eliminating the worry of losing important information or conversations
- Provides summary for YouTube videos, save time and effort of watching the entire video
- Offers no customization options to align with specific business requirements
Developed by the team at OpenAI, the Silicon Valley-based AI research lab, ChatGPT was arguably the first of its kind to focus the world’s attention on the potential and capabilities of the AI chatbot.
It was first launched with an early demo in November 2022, and it took only two months to rack up 100 million users worldwide. ChatGPT offers a free version powered by GPT-3.5, as well as a ChatGPT Plus subscription plan powered by GPT-4 for $20 per month.
- Generates human-like conversations
- Iterative improvement to enhance response quality
- Offers free version and affordable subscription plan
- User-friendly interface
- Free version lacks web access
- Occasional generation of incorrect or nonsensical responses
- Restricted availabilit in certain countries or areas
- Limited capacity during high demand
Bard is an innovative AI chatbot developed by Google. While still in beta, Google has begun integrating Bard into Google Assistant, but its features are not yet fully operational.
Bard’s primary user base is current Google users, as this is the AI chatbot that makes the most sense for these individuals. Powered by PaLM 2, Google’s in-house LLM, it measures up considerably to the current competition on this list.
- Powered by PaLM, it is able to generate high-quality responses
- Produces texts in a variety of styles and formats
- Access to up-to-date information through Google Search
- Seamless integrated with the rest of the Google product suite
- Features images in its responses, which can be more useful for visual learners
- Lacks support for file uploads
- Limited context window
- Users have reported receiving inaccurate and/or biased information from the chatbot
Microsoft’s Bing Chat
Microsoft holds a 49% stake in OpenAI, the developer of ChatGPT, and utilized the power of the GPT language model to create the Bing Chat. It combines ChatGPT with real-time online information, making it an invaluable resource for search results.
Its user base consists mostly of individuals who use Microsoft Edge as their primary browser, but it’s generally useful for anyone who wants an accurate response to a search question.
- Offers three different modes or styles to customize the replies
- Can generate images according to your needs
- Free version but powered by GPT-4
- Provides consistent source citations
- Integrates well with Skype
- Less humanlike than its competitors
- Sometimes offers bothersome ads in its responses
- Has been reported to steer users toward misinformation at times
Created by Anthropic in 2022, Claude is an AI-powered chatbot. It is capable of generating text, creating images, answering questions, and more.
The latest model of Claude is known as Claude 2 and was released on July 11, 2023. Compared to its predecessor, Claude 2 has improved performance and is accessible through an API. It excels in coding, math, and reasoning tasks.
- Can handle up to 100k tokens
- Ability to summarize audio file
- Allows users to upload up to 5 files as part of a prompt
- Powered by advanced language model
- There may be limitations or restricted access to Claude in some areas
- Does not offer a browser extension
Perplexity is an AI chatbot developed by the team at Perplexity AI, an AI organization founded in 2022 by Denis Yarats, Aravind Srinivas, Johnny Ho, and Andy Konwinski. It is powered by OpenAI’s GPT-3.5 large language model, and designed to act as a powerful search engine. Compared to traditional engines, it provides more comprehensive and accurate answers.
- Displays the source of the information it provides
- Provides detailed summaries of information from various sources
- Offers a humanlike interaction
- Doesn’t respond very well to subjective or ambiguous questions
- Sometimes provides inaccurate or biased information
Developed by Writesonic, Chatsonic is aim to address and improve upon the downfalls of ChatGPT. While it’s also powered by OpenAI’s most recent LLM, GPT-4, it does leverage real-time web browser capabilities to provide accurate and updated information.
ChatSonic boasts the unique ability to understand voice search and allows users to choose from a selection of personas that they can apply to the chatbot to give it a unique personality and to create a more personal interaction.
- Assists with managing conversations and customer service
- Provides a mobile app and Chrome extension
- Useful for generating ideas
- Limited free trial access
- Even the paid trials have word limitations
- Needs improvement when it comes to generating images
Unfortunately, like ChatGPT, Jasper Chat is limited to information predating June 2021 and doesn’t have access to updated information in real time.
- Generates responses in a human-like manner
- Remembers what you said earlier
- Powered by GPT-4, Anthropic, and Google's models
- Only available for free for up to five days, and the paid plan is a bit expensive
- Does not have web access
- Can only accessible through web app
You.com's YouChat combines the powerful and extensive knowledge of a traditional search engine with the advanced capabilities of an artificial intelligence chatbot. Launched in December 2022 and powered by GPT-3, this free AI bot sources information online and crafts humanlike responses to user queries and prompts.
YouChat allows users to see both its responses and the the search results related to the input queries. This allows users to gain a more holistic understanding of the topic they’ve queried and makes a broader range of information easily accessible.
- Easy to use without having to logging in
- Available as a mobile messaging app
- Offers up-to-date information
- Some users reported that its answers aren't comprehensive or versatile
- The links and references it provides are sometimes nonexistent
Founded in 2016, HuggingFace launched its own AI chatbot, HuggingChat, in 2023. Utilizing Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning algorithms, HuggingChat is able to create an interaction with users in a conversational manner.
This innovation stands uniquely apart from others on this list, as it's perfect for tech enthusiasts and developers who hope to contribute towards creating the very best AI chatbot on the market. It is most useful for those looking to create their very own chatbot or at least contribute towards the creation of one.
- Support for various conversational tasks
- Pre-trained models for quick deployment
- Open-source framework for customization
- Ability to respond in over 200 languages
- Limited out-of-the-box functionality compared to specialized chatbots
So many AI chatbots to try out and so little time! There is so much to explore in terms of AI chatbot capabilities, and the advancements are growing every day. It’s time to make the most of this convenient, accurate, original information right at your fingertips and discover the perfect AI chatbot for you.