ChatGPT is revolutionizing the way we conduct business and perform our day-to-day tasks. While ChatGPT is extremely helpful in content creation, it comes with its fair share of ethical and security concerns, like spreading misinformation or plagiarizing anything. Therefore, using a ChatGPT Detector tool has become a necessity to keep a check and balance on AI-powered content.
Just like new ChatGPT alternatives are emerging every day, more and more AI-content detection tools are making their way to the market to level the playing field. This makes it a little tricky to choose the best Chat GPT Checker from a wide range of options in the market. But don’t worry; we are here to help.
In this article, we are going to review 9 of the best ChatGPT detector tools, along with their pros and cons, to help you choose the right tool according to your needs. So, without further ado, let’s dive into it!
Utilize This Login-Free ChatGPT to Create a Test Messages
Curious to see if ChatGPT detectors actually work? With this no-login ChatGPT, you can generate AI-generated text and thoroughly assess the capabilities of ChatGPT detectors.
Top Chat GPT Detectors & ChatGPT Checkers
AI-generated content is flooding the internet right now, and it’s incredibly hard to identify. At least, it’s difficult for us humans. However, a good AI-content checker can distinguish between human-generated content and AI-generated content from ChatGPT. Having said that, all tools are not equal in terms of accuracy and efficiency. Based on market insights, here are some of the best ChatGPT Detector tools in 2023 that offer excellent accuracy and efficiency:
- Originality.AI (Best ChatGPT Detector Overall)
- Corrector App (Best Free Chat GPT Checker)
- GPTZero (Best Emerging ChatGPT Scanner)
- GPTRadar (Best Chat GPT Detector With Most Detailed Reporting)
- Winston AI (Best ChatGPT Detector With Highest Accuracy)
- Copyleaks (Best Free Chat GPT Checker For GPT-4)
- ZeroGPT (Best ChatGPT Checker For Checking Content In Batches)
- Content at Scale (Best Chat GPT Detector With Plagiarism Checking Ability)
- OpenAI’s Text Classifier (Discontinued)
Originality.AI (Best ChatGPT Detector Overall)
Originality.ai was founded in 2022 by Jon Gillham. It is a pretty robust AI and Chat GPT detection tool. It comes with a self-explanatory interface and has practically zero learning curve. Aside from this, it can also detect plagiarism and works efficiently with GPT-4 content as well.
The best thing about Originality is that it’s one of the few Chat GPT detector tools in the market that can identify AI-generated content even after it has been run through a paraphrasing tool. Moreover, it highlights AI content and plagiarized content in different colors to help you evaluate and revise your content in a better way.
The only downside of Originality is that it’s not free and cannot be used without signing up. Having said that, it’s very budget-friendly and charges only $0.01 per 100 words.
- Starting from $20 (0.01 per 100 words)
- It has an accuracy of over 76%.
- It is capable of detecting AI content even after content has been paraphrased.
- Originality is capable of detecting GPT-4 content as well.
- It gives a percentage value for every scan and also highlights problematic text in your content.
- The minimum pricing plan is $20.
- It cannot be used without signing up.
- It may sometimes judge the human-written content as AI-generated.
Corrector (Best Free Chat GPT Checker)
Corrector App was founded by Grammar Buddies Ltd in 2022. Originally, it started off as a grammar-checking tool helping people check and verify the quality of their content. However, it has evolved from a simple grammar-checking tool into a more comprehensive platform offering a wide range of features, such as AI content detection, plagiarism checking, etc.
Corrector App offers a simple AI-content detector designed specifically to identify content generated using Chat GPT-3. It uses Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Deep Learning algorithms to help you distinguish between human-generated and AI-generated content with decent accuracy.
The best thing about the Corrector App is that it’s completely free, and you don’t even need to register on their site to use it. Moreover, it allows you to scan up to 800 words at a time, and there isn’t a limit on the number of scans. On the flip side, it doesn’t highlight the AI-generated text, which makes it difficult for a user to pinpoint the problematic content.
- Corrector has been helping people check and verify content for quite some time; it’s a tried and tested tool.
- Its AI detector is completely free.
- The tool relies on AI algorithms to accurately identify machine-written content.
- Displays a percentage score for text uniqueness after every scan.
- You can only scan 800 words at a time.
- You have to wait 60 seconds between each check.
- There are a lot of pop-up ads on the website.
- Doesn’t highlight the AI-generated text.
GPTZero (Best Emerging ChatGPT Scanner)
It is a free ChatGPT detector tool, and you don’t even need to sign up to access it. And it features a very simple user interface and lets you paste content or upload a file for AI-generated content detection.
GPTZero offers around 52% detection accuracy on average. Moreover, this checker is also capable of identifying content generated by ChatGPT-4 as well as LlaMA. Unlike most ChatGPT Checkers, GPTZero doesn’t give you the percentage of AI-detected content. However, it does highlight the AI-generated content, allowing you to pinpoint the problematic content and revise it.
- You don’t have to sign in to use the tool.
- You can upload files and documents for scanning.
- Offers a number of integrations.
- Doesn’t show a percentage value.
- Detection accuracy isn’t great.
GPTRadar (Best Chat GPT Detector With Most Detailed Reporting)
GPTRadar was founded in 2023 by a small team of machine learners called NeuralText. This Chat GPT checker has a straightforward user interface and provides interesting insights when scanning text. Apart from telling you how much of your text is written by AI, GPTRadar also gives you detailed insights into the complexity of the model that was used to generate scanned content.
GPTRadar can even provide information on token distribution for your scanned content. Moreover, this Chat GPT detector can also pick up plagiarism. The only downside of this tool is that it’s paid. The checker charges you on a token basis, and it gives you 2,000 tokens for free. Once you spend them, you can purchase additional tokens.
- Starting from $0.02 per 100 tokens
- The tool is easy to use.
- Despite being paid, it gives you 2,000 tokens for free.
- Provides detailed insights when scanning content.
- It can detect plagiarism as well.
- Its scoring system can be confusing for people who aren’t tech-savvy.
- Its accuracy is questionable on some occasions.
Winston AI (Best ChatGPT Detector With Highest Accuracy)
Winston AI was founded in 2022. The tool is being managed by a small team of 10 people, and it’s entirely self-funded. In terms of accuracy, Winston AI is one of the best AI checker tools available right now. According to user reviews, this tool has a detection accuracy of up to 84%. Along with superb accuracy, the tool also offers a great user interface.
Winston AI allows you to scan your content by simply copying/pasting it into the text area it provides and also gives you an option to upload a file. It thoroughly analyzes your content and gives you the percentage of AI-generated text in your content. Moreover, it also highlights the problematic text, making it easier for you to revise your content.
Another plus point of Winston AI is its ability to pick up ChatGPT 4 content with great accuracy. Furthermore, it doesn’t produce any false positives or negatives. The only downside of Winston AI is its steep price. Its pricing starts at $18 per month for 80,000 words, which is significantly higher in comparison to its competitors.
- Starting from $18 per month for 80,000 words.
- Great accuracy, even when the detector is used for checking ChatGPT-4 content.
- Doesn’t produce any false positives.
- Highlights text and provides percentage values.
- It is capable of detecting AI content even if it has been paraphrased.
- It’s expensive.
Copyleaks (Best Free Chat GPT Checker For GPT-4)
It is one of the best Chat GPT detection tools in the market that can accurately detect GPT-3/3.5, and GPT-4 generated content without producing any false positives. Moreover, it offers a decent accuracy rating of around 66%.
Although Copyleaks is a pretty decent Chat GPT detector, it tends to suffer when it comes to usability. The tool only highlights problematic content without giving an overall percentage of detected AI content. Having said that, it does show a percentage of AI-detected content when you hover your mouse over the highlighted text, which is fine but not exactly ideal.
- It’s surprisingly accurate for a free tool.
- You can start using the tool without having to sign up.
- It’s completely free.
- Can detect -GPT-3.5 and GPT-4 generated content.
- The tool isn’t user-friendly.
- Offers only a limited number of scans daily.
ZeroGPT (Best ChatGPT Checker For Checking Content In Batches)
ZeroGPT is an AI text detection tool developed by the team behind ChatGPT. It uses DeepAnalyse technology to detect AI-generated content in all major languages. It allows you to scan your content by copying/pasting the text into the tool or uploading the file. After the scan, it gives you the percentage of the AI-detected content and also highlights it.
According to the company, ZeroGPT has been trained by analyzing 10 Million different articles (both human-generated and AI-generated), and it offers up to 98% accuracy. However, in practical scenarios, it yields up to 68% accuracy at max and often struggles to differentiate between human-generated and AI-generated content.
One of the major benefits of ZeroGPT is that it works well with GPT-4 as well as Bard and other major generative AI technologies. Having said that, it is prone to false positives and negatives. Moreover, it struggles to detect AI content that has been paraphrased or passed through a masking tool.
ZeroGPT offers both free and paid plans.
- Free - $0 (Up to 15 000 Characters per detection)
- Pro - $6.99/mo (Up to 50 000 Characters per detection + 5 Batch files check)
- Zero Compromise - $8.49/mo (Up to 100 000 Characters per detection + 50 Batch files check)
- Intuitive interface and ability to use the free version without logging in.
- Generates PDF reports for every scan, serving as proof of AI-free plagiarism.
- It ensures your privacy and doesn’t even use your text for training its AI model.
- Works well with all major generative AI technologies, such as GPT-3.5, GPT-4, Bard, LLaMA, etc.
- The free version allows you to check only 15,000 characters.
- Struggles against paraphrased AI content.
- Generates false positives and false negatives.
Content at Scale (Best Chat GPT Detector With Plagiarism Checking Ability)
Content at Scale was launched in September 2022 by Justin McGill with an aim to streamline SEO content production. The company started with an AI writing tool but gradually expanded and introduced an AI content detection tool for checking ChatGPT content. This AI detector tool is completely free and allows you to check 25,000 characters in one turn without signing up.
Content at Scale analyzes the hidden patterns, sentence structure, and probable word choices in a sentence to detect the use of AI in content generation. According to the company, the tool analyzes the content on both paragraph and sentence levels and offers 98.3% accuracy in AI content detection.
Content at Scale works well with GPT 4, supports all major languages, and also offers plagiarism-checking features. Moreover, it gives you a percentage of the AI-detected content and also highlights the content in different colors depending on the likelihood of the use of AI in the content.
- Gives you a percentage of AI content and also highlights the problematic text.
- Works well with GPT-3, GPT-4, Bard, and other major generative AI models.
- Detects AI content even after paraphrasing.
- It can also detect plagiarism.
- Struggles to accurately identify human-generated content.
- It can be inaccurate and inconsistent.
- Doesn’t give you an option to upload a file.
OpenAI’s Text Classifier (Discontinued)
OpenAI’s Text Classifier was launched in March 2023 with an aim to differentiate between human-generated and AI-generated content. However, it couldn’t live up to its hype and had serious inaccuracy issues. The tool offered only 26% accuracy, making it a highly ineffective tool. To make things worse, this percentage dropped even lower when analyzing short content (less than 1,000 characters).
Aside from this, OpenAI’s Text Classifier specifically struggled when it had to deal with content in any language other than English. Considering all the shortcomings, OpenAI abruptly discontinued its Text Classifier in July 2023. Having said that, the company is continuously working on improving its AI content detection technology and may relaunch an improved version of the tool in the near future.
- Free (Discontinued Now)
- Ease of use.
- Offers unlimited scans for free.
- Poor accuracy.
- Struggles against languages other than English.
- Ineffective against shorter content.
AI-generated content is a double-edged sword. On one hand, AI tools such as Chat GPT and HIX.AI enable users to generate months’ worth of content within days. On the other hand, these tools can also be used to spread false information. Chat GPT detection software helps keep AI content in check and make sure that people cannot use AI content to cause harm.
At the same time, Chat GPT detection software can get in the way of people using AI tools in a harmless way. If you want to utilize the power of AI-generated content but are afraid that your content can get flagged if someone analyzes it, you can consider using HIX Bypass, which is a tool designed to generate undetectable AI content.
It is an AI detection remover that converts your AI-generated text into fully human-like text in one single click. It preserves your original intent while helping you bypass most AI detectors on the market today.
However, please be careful to use this tool responsibly and not use it to create spam or misleading content.
Frequently Asked Questions about ChatGPT Detector
Are Chat GPT and AI Detectors Fool-proof?
Chat GPT detectors and checkers aren’t fool-proof. These tools sometimes fail to identify AI-generated content accurately.
Is Chat GPT Detector Software Accurate?
The accuracy of any AI detection tool depends on a number of factors. These factors include the algorithm of the tool to analyze content, how well the content has been written, and whether any efforts have been made to mask AI content. No Chat GPT or AI detection software is 100% accurate. Even the best tools available right now have an accuracy level of around 80%.
How do Chat GPT Detectors Work?
Most Chat GPT detector software fights fire with fire. These tools use the power of AI in combination with Natural Language Processing (NLP) to pick up patterns followed by Chat GPT when generating content.